Search This Blog

Monday, April 28, 2014

Tangled - A Book Review

  Tangled (Tangled #1) by Emma Chase
Tangled is the first book in Emma Chase's Tangled Series

SYNOPSIS

"Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tangled is not your mother’s romance novel. It is an outrageous, passionate, witty narrative about a man who knows a lot about women…just not as much as he thinks he knows. As he tells his story, Drew learns the one thing he never wanted in life, is the only thing he can’t live without."


REVIEW

Wow. Just WOW. There is an assload of extremely impressive things to say that I really don't know how to begin with this review! I'm afraid I might run out of adjectives and fail to do justice to the book. Tangled is a drop-everything-and-start-reading-it-NOW-because-it-is-now-or-never read. I'm gonna give it a goddamn 5 laughed-my-ass-off stars <3. Novels that involve complicated plot and put me to some kind of emotional turmoil are usually the ones I  reckon deserving of 5 sparkling stars til I read Tangled. Tangled is a light-read, you can finish it in just one sitting. It won't even turn you into a cry baby. Nor will it make you question your existence like in some John Green books. But what sets it apart is that it's incomparably H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S. A novel brimming with wit and humor not to mention damn smokin hot scenes.

 The story is told in Drew Evans' point of view and girl bet your ass, this is the best book narrated in male POV. The mere first sentence will get the curiosity out of all of you that you wouldn't consider the thought of prolonging the agony of not finishing it forthwith. I was giggling from the first page till the very last like stir crazy oh my glob. T'was so entertaining I forgot I was just reading. I thought for a moment that I was having a preposterous one on one conversation with Drew Evans. Yeah. I too, didn't think that was likely. Blame it on  Emily Chase's writing style. Hers is friggin' genius. Emily is a genius!
This is basically an enemies-turned-lovers love story of Kate Brooks and Drew Evans but uh uh don't even conjecture this to be just like any other because it is NOT.
Drew Evans's a tough-willed, intelligent and successful multimillionaire banker and businessman. He knows what he wants in life and nothing could ever stop him from being triumphant in everything he puts himself into. He determines his successes and failures. On the other hand, this guy is utterly bodacious, sexy as hell womanizer. A guy who doesn't do relationships. With just a little winkin' and smirkin' that draw women pleading to their knees, why bother? And this egotistical douchebag is very much aware of his assets that his head has grown so big, there's plenty of room for his arrogance and conceitedness. But I tell you guys, he is obnoxious in such a cutie way! (haha! I hope I'm not being biased here)

"SEE THAT RAKISHLY HANDSOME GUY in the charcoal slacks and black shirt with the sleeves half rolled up?
The one arranging the china plates on that table?
That’s me. Drew Evans."

You won't believe how this guy's mind operates! So freaking ridiculous, nasty even. (But hell, I don't mind haha) I don't bloody know if the whole caboodle of what he's saying were applicable to every male species because he's such a bad boy but I indeed feel like I have somehow gained an insight about how a male's thought process works. Drew Evans also offers a lot of "facts" for all of you ladies out there so brace yourselves. Like really. Brace yourselves. He will drive you crazy.

“For those ladies out there who are listening, let me give you some free advice: If a guy who you just met at a club calls you baby, sweetheart, angel, or any other generic endearment? Don’t make the mistake of thinking he’s so into you, he’s already thinking up pet names.

It’s because he can’t or doesn’t care to remember your actual name.And no girl wants to be called by the wrong name when she’s on her knees giving you head in
the men’s room. So, just to be safe, I went with baby.”  

Lemme just say that every word this man utters is sheer priceless and shameless.

“Every healthy man in the world wakes up with a stiffy. A fatty. Morning wood. I’m sure there’s some medical explanation for the phenomenon, but I just like to think of it as a little present from God.

A chance to begin the day with your best dick forward.”

Aside from being a pig, Drew Evans is also a family man and a huge momma's boy but that doesn't keep him from being an arse lol. His snide comments about his fam, particularly her sister are unimaginable and at the same time sweet :3.

Drew finally nosedived into the "flu" as he met Kate, a perfect match for the man of the hour himself. Kate is as strong-willed, intelligent and passionate as Drew that they found themselves sparring against each other in such a competitive world of banking. Either of them willing to back down. Kate knows her capabilities as well and what I so love about her is her ability to retain her composure and stun the most-of-the-time-asshole Drew Evans with her strong personality along with her gorgeousness and sex appeal. 

See for yourself how Drew managed to recover from the flu. I'm beginning to think that the douche-ests of the opposite sex could also be the most romantic ones <3 Drew Evans is now my fave leading man.

I'd like to put more of the rollicking and witty quotes in this post because really, there are oodles in this book, but I wouldn't want to spoil you guys so I'll refrain myself. Every page of Tangled is, as a matter of fact, quotable. Yeah, that's how good the writing is.

Let's have one last quote, one of my many favorites and a scarcely ever serious one from Drew Evans:
“Women fall in love quicker than men. Easier and more often. But when guys fall? We go down harder. And when things go bad? When it's not us who ends it? We don't get to walk away.
We crawl.”

 ❤

1 comment:

  1. Lol. thanks for choosing those quotes!! Made me want to read it more!!! hahaha!!!

    Omg. I wanna read it now as in now!!! yung gantong mga book taaga ung gusto kong basahin e!! :DD.

    ReplyDelete